Verse: Isaiah 14:26
If any man come to Me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife,and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple.
- To be His disciple is to be a disciplined follower of Jesus.
- The word “hate” in this passage means “love less”.
- Jesus demands that our loyalty and love for Him be greater than every other attachment, even to our own families.
- Accepting Jesus as Lord and Saviour demands believing the truth of the gospel.
- It also demands committing ourselves to sacrificially follow Him.
- The choice between denying ourselves or living for our own selfish desires must be made daily.
- That choice determines our eternal destiny.
PRAYER: Lord, help me to lower in rank or position all earthly relationships to loyalty Christ. May I die to self-centredness, in the Name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
Have a Great Week. Good morning. Shalom!
God bless you always and in all ways.